Topics

World record / Over 50 -- 100 mile velodrome record attempt (7/28/20)

Mike McGehee (PBM)

All,

Some of you may have heard me speak about my brother and his cycling escapades.

He is looking to attempt the 100-mile World Ultracycling Association (WUCA) Time Trial Record at the Northbrook Velodrome on Tuesday, July 28th at 6:00 - 11:00 A.M.

He has broken the open-road 100-mile and 200-mile records on multiple occasions, but missed the indoor track world mark by 9 seconds (LA Velodrome Velo Sports Center). However, he has never attempted this record on an outdoor velodrome.

If you are available, please come on over and cheer him on.

Regards,

PBM

Greg Crowther

Thanks Mike

On Jul 15, 2020, at 8:13 PM, Mike McGehee (PBM) via groups.io <fpb-triathlon@...> wrote:

All,

Some of you may have heard me speak about my brother and his cycling escapades.

He is looking to attempt the 100-mile World Ultracycling Association (WUCA) Time Trial Record at the Northbrook Velodrome on Tuesday, July 28th at 6:00 - 11:00 A.M.

He has broken the open-road 100-mile and 200-mile records on multiple occasions, but missed the indoor track world mark by 9 seconds (LA Velodrome Velo Sports Center). However, he has never attempted this record on an outdoor velodrome.

If you are available, please come on over and cheer him on.

Regards,

PBM

Carol Curtis

I can’t make it, but that’s amazing. Pls let us know how he does. I remember riding with him.

Carol

On Jul 15, 2020, at 8:23 PM, Greg Crowther <greg@...> wrote:

 Thanks Mike

On Jul 15, 2020, at 8:13 PM, Mike McGehee (PBM) via groups.io <fpb-triathlon@...> wrote:

All,

Some of you may have heard me speak about my brother and his cycling escapades.

He is looking to attempt the 100-mile World Ultracycling Association (WUCA) Time Trial Record at the Northbrook Velodrome on Tuesday, July 28th at 6:00 - 11:00 A.M.

He has broken the open-road 100-mile and 200-mile records on multiple occasions, but missed the indoor track world mark by 9 seconds (LA Velodrome Velo Sports Center). However, he has never attempted this record on an outdoor velodrome.

If you are available, please come on over and cheer him on.

Regards,

PBM

John Guido

Cool Mike. Tailwinds around the whole track to him
As of now I’m working...but will keep in mind if plans change.

On Jul 15, 2020, at 8:28 PM, Carol Curtis via groups.io <SpinAholic@...> wrote:

[...]

Jin Chon

PBM, Cool. Love to watch!

Thanks,
Jin Chon

[...]

By the way Mike what is the current world record?

Thanks,
Jin Chon

On Jul 15, 2020, at 8:38 PM, Jin Chon <jcchon@...> wrote:

PBM, Cool. Love to watch!

Thanks,
Jin Chon

3:49:20 @ 26.16 MPH

https://ultracycling.com/distance/

[...]

Danny

Mike..

Good seeing you on the road yesterday. I too will be working... best of luck to your brother...

On Jul 15, 2020, at 8:13 PM, Mike McGehee (PBM) <fpb-triathlon@...> wrote:

All,

Some of you may have heard me speak about my brother and his cycling escapades.

He is looking to attempt the 100-mile World Ultracycling Association (WUCA) Time Trial Record at the Northbrook Velodrome on Tuesday, July 28th at 6:00 - 11:00 A.M.

He has broken the open-road 100-mile and 200-mile records on multiple occasions, but missed the indoor track world mark by 9 seconds (LA Velodrome Velo Sports Center). However, he has never attempted this record on an outdoor velodrome.

If you are available, please come on over and cheer him on.

Regards,

PBM

Steve Belknap

Awesome!!
Good luck to him!!’🚴‍♂️

Sent from Smallbiz Yahoo Mail for iPhone