Topics

When will BBC rides start

steveojano

Downers Grove bike club has been going on for a while as well.

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020, 1:05 PM Jin Chon via groups.io <jcchon=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dave, is BBC planning on resuming group rides in July? Heard that WW, Evanston and other clubs have or will start in July?

Thank you, Jin

On Jun 27, 2020, at 9:26 PM, Mike McGehee (PBM) <fpb-triathlon@...> wrote:

All,

I have the Varia RTL510…. While I like it a lot… My main issue is that the taillight / radar battery outlasts my Garmin 1030.

When on long rides I actually disconnect the radar from the garmin so my head unit battery lasts.

I find it really frustrating that the radar battery outlasts what it is connected to. i.e. previous comments as well.

I get it… if you are in an urban area there will be more traffic, which “lights up” the head unit endlessly….. but….. still allow the head unit to last longer. Perhaps the new 1030 plus handles this better? I mean seriously folks (Garmin) wake up….. Perhaps you can reduce the screen light time OR allow something to override this?

B.T.W.  My wife rolled up on me the other day and commented that the light is stellar and she could see me many blocks away in full on daylight…. With that in mind I opted for battery conservation and disconnected while on the rural roads outside Hebron.. etc. where traffic was light.

Ryan,

I’m with you in this… Every spring when I first get out on the road I use “drills” to specifically help with the look back swerve. Sadly since we live in the Midwest we have to re-learn outside skills every year. Unfortunately a lot of riders fail to practice them.

Sheri,

Just JB weld them to your bike!!!  HAHA

Regards,

PBM