Topics

Tree down on Flynn Creek Rd

Sean Malia

Heading east towards Harbor, it’s in the last part of the shade just before the flat section.

Passable (slowly) through debris on north side of the road.

Sean Malia
Please excuse typos

Matt Blue

Sean, thanks for the update.

Team,

I've been meaning to send a note out to advise on how we can continue to serve as good cycling stewards by reporting road issues to the respective municipalities. I have recently reported glass on the road, excess gravel on the road (Cuba) and trees overhanging the shoulder. All of the issues have been rectified within a week of my reporting. Who says that government is not efficient? ;) I've actually been really impressed.

It's not easy to learn who is responsible for what section of the road, but I have been politely and promptly redirected to the right folks when I've guessed wrong. To give you and example, the Village of Barrington explained to me that "Cuba Road east of Route 59 is owned and maintained by Lake County. Cuba Road west of Route 59 is owned and maintained by Cuba Township."

So please report issues (potholes included). You may be surprised when they are taken care of.

Be safe out there!

Cheers,

Matt

--
Best regards,

Matt Blue
Mobile: (331)703-0456

Sheri Rosenbaum

Yep it works. I got a whole section of Mundhank Rd paved a few years back. Told them it was so dangerous with all the cracks and potholes a cyclist is bound to crash there.