Saturday 8:00AM BHS - Morkes Huntley + BHS - Genoa Ice Cream Ride

Ruben Medina

Hello BBC Members,

On Saturday morning there will be two rides leaving at 8:00AM from Barrington HS. All of us will do a moderately paced ride until we reach Morkes in Huntley. We should arrive there right around 9:00AM which is an excellent hour for some cappuccinos and donuts.

Inline image

The riders who  believe that 40 miles are plenty will do a return to Barrington from there following the map.

For the rest of us who need to start ramping up the distance before summer gets away from us...  we will continue west from Huntley and ride toward Genoa IL. There we'll make our customary stop for the great ice cream at Get the Scoop Ice Cream Shoppe.

After enjoying our ice cream, we will return from Genoa to Morkes in Huntley to refuel once more. Then we will complete the ride back to Barrington. All told, the mileage for Barrington to Genoa and back should be very close to 80 miles.

See you on Saturday. Temp and forecast look good so far.

Inline image

BBC members, support the bike shop that supports our club. Your active membership is good for the following discounts at both Village CycleSport locations in Barrington and Arlington Heights.
  • In-Stock accessories: 15% Off
  • Special Order Accessories: 10% Off
  • Service Labor: 15% Off
  • Bikes: 7% Off
  • Electronics (Smart Trainers, GPS Computers ext...): 10% Off

Checkout their website at: Village CycleSport | Arlington Heights & Barrington, IL

The program is a personal discount only. Applies only to active BBC members.

Mike McGehee (PBM)

Oh man ice cream ride. Bummer