Mesdames et Messieurs, le Tour de France est terminé!

Ruben Medina

The Tour is over and we have a winner and runner-ups in the BBC 2021 Tour Picks contest.

Tadej Pogacar had his Yellow Jersey sewn up for a few weeks, but the race for the other podium places kept this Tour interesting; as did the racing for the Green Jersey, the Mountains Jersey and especially Mark Cavendish's quest to catch and pass Eddy Merckx for the record for all-time Stage victories.

Inline image

So, here are our Top 4 BBC Tour Experts:

1st:   Ruben Medina  (Pogacar, Carapaz, Mas) 10 Points
2nd:  Ken Kreischer (Pogacar, Carapaz, Alaphilippe) 34 Points with Gerraint Thomas as tiebreaker
3rd:   Darryl Racki  (Pogacar, Carapaz, Alaphilippe) 34 Points with Tao Geoghan-Hart as tiebreaker
4th:   Rob Dickson  (Pogacar, Carapaz, Thomas) 45 Points

Now you know who's quiz you should be copying off of next time we do this.

Sheri, our Queen of Bike Bling, has graciously donated prizes for our winners. The top three winners can select from one of these fabulous prizes. All are brand new with tags on. See attached picture.

The Cycling Chef cookbook - $34 value
Gore-Tex 9Fifty New Era reflective hat - $64 value
Pearl Izumi Pro Socks (men’s medium) - $25 value
Maloja Snowdrop multi sport headband - $25 value

To prevent the whining from the less savvy Tour followers, I will not be picking a prize. So, Ken, Darryl and Rob (in that order) - let Sheri know which prize you'd like and figure out where and when you can collect it.

Thanks for playing everybody! Vive le Tour.

Anna Swiet

Congratulations to the winners!
Thanks Ruben for keeping track of the losses for the less savvy whiners...

Anna

On Monday, July 19, 2021, 08:26:08 AM CDT, Ruben Medina via groups.io <ruben.medina27@...> wrote:

[...]

Vijay Nuthulapaty

Congrats to all the winners..

Thanks Ruben for setting this up for the group to follow. I’ve started following the race because of this pool..

Vijay

On Jul 19, 2021, at 10:37 AM, Anna Swiet via groups.io <annaswiet@...> wrote:

Congratulations to the winners!
Thanks Ruben for keeping track of the losses for the less savvy whiners...

Anna

On Monday, July 19, 2021, 08:26:08 AM CDT, Ruben Medina via groups.io <ruben.medina27@...> wrote:

The Tour is over and we have a winner and runner-ups in the BBC 2021 Tour Picks contest.

Tadej Pogacar had his Yellow Jersey sewn up for a few weeks, but the race for the other podium places kept this Tour interesting; as did the racing for the Green Jersey, the Mountains Jersey and especially Mark Cavendish's quest to catch and pass Eddy Merckx for the record for all-time Stage victories.

<1626699592083blob.jpg>

[...]

<Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 7.52.43 AM.png>
<thumbnail.jpeg>

Rich Marisie

Ditto Anna! Say no more.

On Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:44 AM, Vijay Nuthulapaty via groups.io <chicagovijay@...> wrote:

[...]

Darryl Racki

Hi Ruben,
Thanks for running the game again, I really enjoy following the spring races to see who’s developing good form for the TdeF.  And, don’t be silly, you absolutely need to pick a prize.
Darryl Racki