I have moved to Wisconsin

Todd Hepler

Hi there all BBCers:

A lot has happened in the Hepler household over the last year!
I was out of work due to the pandemic starting in April 2020, but this ended up being a great thing as we went back and forth between Illinois and the Wisconsin Lake house each week.  I was able to accomplish everything on the “honey-do” list over the summer.

In September, I started to feel as if I was getting tired doing the simplest of things, and I really couldn’t ride more than 25-30 miles without being totally exhausted.  It works out that I had 80% blockage in one of the arteries in the heart which required a stint to fix.  (So now I know why I had so much trouble keeping up on rides… lol).  I went in for the procedure Oct 26, 2020, one week later I was back on the bike and never felt better.  Unfortunately, the side effect is that I am on beta-blockers and BP meds which keep the metabolism down and I have gained about 15 pounds.

I returned to work in January, but my job is project management in southwest Wisconsin, so that meant we had to move since I was out and about every day. Long and short is that we have moved to Wisconsin, we close on the Palatine house this week and are building a home in Wisconsin on a 1 acre wooded lot so we can get the rental business going again.

I have joined the Janesville bike club. They have road rides and also trail rides. Off road seems to be a big deal in Wisconsin, so I bought a stump-jumper and am going to give off road a try.  We don’t have to wear a mask, even when we go out for beers afterwards!

I really enjoyed riding with you all over the years. It is unfortunate that when I had unlimited time to ride last year that we were shut down, but who knows, I may have collapsed or something trying to keep up after being dropped!  God works in mysterious ways. I may be back for a Saturday ride once in awhile, who knows!

Take Care,

Todd Hepler (toddhepler33@...)

David Bergen

On behalf of BBC, I would like to thank you for all your time and effort throughout the years in leading your weekday rides. A lot of our current and former members got initiated into our group thru your efforts. Good luck in your new location but beware…Wisconsin likes their Brandy more than Bourbon.

Anyone want to share any Todd stories?

[...]

John Guido

Todd
Glad you got the coronary & stent issue resolved and are back on the biking road.
Hope to see you for a weekend ride in Barrington or WI.
John

[...]

Dale Svec

Todd,

I’m going to miss you! We did quite a few rides together back in the day. You always looked out for everyone who came out to your rides and kept it safe. Your humor will be missed as well!

Most importantly, I’m so glad your health issue is resolved and that you are feeling good. Enjoy the Janesville bike club and life in WI with your lovely wife.

All the best to you,

Dale

Dale M. Svec
dalesvec@...
847.502.6666 M
847.359.0544 H

On Apr 5, 2021, at 5:05 PM, John Guido via groups.io <jbguido@...> wrote:

[...]

Carol Curtis

Best of luck. Packers or Bears?

On Apr 5, 2021, at 5:24 PM, Dale Svec <dalesvec@...> wrote:

[...]

Mike McGehee (PBM)

Todd,

Glad to hear the health issues are behind you and all is well with you and your wife.

You will enjoy the roads (and far more polite drivers) in Wisconsin.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

Regards,
PBM

On Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 1:29:45 AM CDT, Carol Curtis via groups.io <spinaholic@...> wrote:

[...]

Mary Vance

Todd,

I was grateful for your help when I rode on the monday night rides through BBC. You always had a way of making everyone feel welcome and you enjoyed leading the rides that were a little slower pace.  I learned several skills while riding with this group.

I am glad to hear that your health has improved and I hope you enjoy the rides with the Janesville club. It will be nice for you to see the Wisconsin farms and you get to experience a lot less traffic!

Best of luck to you and your wife in your new journey!

Mary Vance