FW: Saturday 8:00AM BHS - Morkes Huntley + BHS - Genoa Ice Cream Ride

David Bergen

For those wanting a shorter option for Saturdays ride (info below), I will lead a group back from Huntley for a 35 or 43 mile round trip

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/36430726

From: Ruben Medina <ruben.medina27@...>
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2021 2:33 PM
To: BBC Groups Io <bbc-bike@groups.io>
Cc: Tom Cramer <tcramer@...>; sarah@...; Claudia Kendzior <claudia@...>; David Bergen <davidb@...>
Subject: Saturday 8:00AM BHS - Morkes Huntley + BHS - Genoa Ice Cream Ride

Hello BBC Members,

On Saturday morning there will be two rides leaving at 8:00AM from Barrington HS. All of us will do a moderately paced ride until we reach Morkes in Huntley. We should arrive there right around 9:00AM which is an excellent hour for some cappuccinos and donuts.

Inline image

The riders who  believe that 40 miles are plenty will do a return to Barrington from there following the map.

For the rest of us who need to start ramping up the distance before summer gets away from us...  we will continue west from Huntley and ride toward Genoa IL. There we'll make our customary stop for the great ice cream at Get the Scoop Ice Cream Shoppe.

After enjoying our ice cream, we will return from Genoa to Morkes in Huntley to refuel once more. Then we will complete the ride back to Barrington. All told, the mileage for Barrington to Genoa and back should be very close to 80 miles.

See you on Saturday. Temp and forecast look good so far.

Inline image

BBC members, support the bike shop that supports our club. Your active membership is good for the following discounts at both Village CycleSport locations in Barrington and Arlington Heights.

  • In-Stock accessories: 15% Off
  • Special Order Accessories: 10% Off
  • Service Labor: 15% Off
  • Bikes: 7% Off
  • Electronics (Smart Trainers, GPS Computers ext...): 10% Off

Checkout their website at: Village CycleSport | Arlington Heights & Barrington, IL

The program is a personal discount only. Applies only to active BBC members.

Charlie Thalheimer

Nice ride David.

Charlie Thalheimer
(847) 528-1819

On Jun 17, 2021, at 9:39 AM, David Bergen <davidb@...> wrote:

For those wanting a shorter option for Saturdays ride (info below), I will lead a group back from Huntley for a 35 or 43 mile round trip

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/36430726

<image001.png>

On Saturday morning there will be two rides leaving at 8:00AM from Barrington HS. All of us will do a moderately paced ride until we reach Morkes in Huntley. We should arrive there right around 9:00AM which is an excellent hour for some cappuccinos and donuts.

<1623699110512blob.jpg>

The riders who  believe that 40 miles are plenty will do a return to Barrington from there following the map.

For the rest of us who need to start ramping up the distance before summer gets away from us...  we will continue west from Huntley and ride toward Genoa IL. There we'll make our customary stop for the great ice cream at Get the Scoop Ice Cream Shoppe.

After enjoying our ice cream, we will return from Genoa to Morkes in Huntley to refuel once more. Then we will complete the ride back to Barrington. All told, the mileage for Barrington to Genoa and back should be very close to 80 miles.

See you on Saturday. Temp and forecast look good so far.

<1622662650707blob.jpg>

BBC members, support the bike shop that supports our club. Your active membership is good for the following discounts at both Village CycleSport locations in Barrington and Arlington Heights.

  • In-Stock accessories: 15% Off
  • Special Order Accessories: 10% Off
  • Service Labor: 15% Off
  • Bikes: 7% Off
  • Electronics (Smart Trainers, GPS Computers ext...): 10% Off

Checkout their website at: Village CycleSport | Arlington Heights & Barrington, IL

The program is a personal discount only. Applies only to active BBC members.

<Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 2.12.43 PM.png>
<Morkes_35_43.tcx>
<Morkes_35-43.pdf>
<Genoa80.tcx>

David Bergen

I’d like to take credit but this was Ruben’s route
Nice ride everyone

David Bergen

On Jun 19, 2021, at 11:43 AM, CThalheimer <cthalheimer@...> wrote:

[...]

Anna Swiet

Thanks for the pulls, ya all

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 12:20 PM, David Bergen
<davidb@...> wrote:
[...]

John Guido

Thanks everyone.  Strong ride.  Great group.
Stay safe
Cheers
John

<davidb@...> wrote:
[...]

alex halamaj

Carol ,
If you are coming to the Sunday ride at 9 fromBHS, bring your pedals and I can install them before the ride.