Topics

Why indoor riding is harder

Anna Swiet

Good review of what you already feel when riding on indoor trainers.    https://blog.wahoofitness.com/unique-dynamics-indoor-cycling/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=The_Unique_Dynamics_of_Indoor_Cycling

tinasmith7934

Great article. Thanks Anna.  Some excellent points made.

Buying my Wahoo Kickr 2 winters ago was the best investment ever!  Although I tire of riding inside by late winter it has been an amazing tool to challenge me and keep my interest in riding.

Whether you prefer Zwift, Rouvy, Sufferfest, and/or spin class (or another training platform) the goal is to keep riding all year with awareness about adequate recovery weeks etc..

There is no OFF season....just outdoor season and indoor season. Ride On all.
Tina

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 11:06 AM, Anna Swiet via Groups.Io
<annaswiet@...> wrote:
Good review of what you already feel when riding on indoor trainers.    https://blog.wahoofitness.com/unique-dynamics-indoor-cycling/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=The_Unique_Dynamics_of_Indoor_Cycling

Roy

The best thing about riding outdoors is, well, being outdoors. The best thing about riding indoors is simply that it's safer. The worst part about riding outdoors is the risk of getting hit by a car by someone distracted by texting or otherwise.  We can ride trying to be as careful as possible, ie, daytime lights, high visibility clothing, signaling our intentions etc. But, the fact of the matter is that we are so vulnerable. However, we found ourselves nonetheless braving the roads for a just a little bit of freedom and that wind in the face sensation that an indoor fan can't quit simulate. All the virtual riding apps can't replace that outdoor feeling. Yet, as I get older I find myself increasingly conscious of the risk of being on roads that don't have wide shoulders, neighborhoods hostile to cyclists, more traffic that ever before etc. It almost dampens my enthusiasm to ride outside. Riding indoors is simply a workout. That's fine. But riding outdoors is an experience. I end up doing a little of both.