2021 Group Rides

Jan Ettrich

Hi Friends,
We moved to the area last fall.
Glad to see that group rides are starting up again (Sunday ride)!
Are any other regular rides planned ... ie. week nights, Saturday morning etc.?
We are also very interested in joining any BBC folks traveling to other organized rides or ride camps throughout the year (HHH, Triple, any "random" century rides or multi-day, etc.).
Be safe!
Thanks,
Jan

Jon Ogden

Hi Jan,

Generally there is a Tuesday night ride that tends to be focused more on hilly routes around the area.  This tends to be more of an A-B ride than a C ride.  There are Saturday and Sunday morning rides for A-B as well as C.  I believe there is either a Monday night or Wednesday night C ride.  In the past there have been Thursday night A-B rides as well.  It’s been a couple of years since I’ve really ridden with the groups due to Covid last year and some injuries that years before.  I’m looking forward to riding this summer once the masks when not riding rule is removed (we are outside for crying out loud and we are already socially distanced as being closer than 6 feet to a sweaty cyclist is kinda disgusting).

What rides end up occurring generally depends on how many people step up to be ride leaders, etc.

Jon

On Mar 22, 2021, at 11:32 AM, Jan Ettrich <janettrich@...> wrote:

Hi Friends,
We moved to the area last fall.
Glad to see that group rides are starting up again (Sunday ride)!
Are any other regular rides planned ... ie. week nights, Saturday morning etc.?
We are also very interested in joining any BBC folks traveling to other organized rides or ride camps throughout the year (HHH, Triple, any "random" century rides or multi-day, etc.).
Be safe!
Thanks,
Jan

Christopher Johnson

Hi Jon thanks are masks required when we're riding?

Christopher

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021, 11:39 AM Jon Ogden via groups.io <jogden=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

That’s why I won’t ride with the club until this silly rule is removed.  We are outside and can easily socially distance from each other.  Plus in a matter of weeks most of us will be vaccinated.

On Mar 22, 2021, at 3:11 PM, Tom Cramer <TCramer@...> wrote:

Hi Christopher,

Not while riding…

A snip I took from the last ride post…

All riders are required to review the COVID-19 Statement before each ride. You will be asked to acknowledge a “NO” response to all questions to ride with the group.

Masks are required at all times when the group is not moving. We've been dealing with COVID-19 for over a year so everyone should ride (or not) at their own comfort level.

We want to be respectful to all riders.

I hope to see you soon out there.

Tom Cramer

[...]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The content of this message and any files transmitted with it is a confidential and proprietary business communication, which is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any use, distribution, duplication or disclosure by any other person or entity is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient or this has been received in error, please notify the sender and immediately delete all copies of this communication.

David Bergen

John Ogden does not speak for the club and is not even an active member.

No masks are required while riding!

We are fine tuning our recommendations as to close social distancing while huddling up before rides and/or rest stops.

More to follow

David Bergen

[...]

I never claimed to speak for the club, Dave.  Never.

Tom stated the policy below which you stated before Sunday’s ride.

I said, I choose not to ride with the group until the policy is changed.  And if you want to start debating who is an active member, keep in mind I was plenty active discussing virtual rides a year ago until we were all shamed into not discussing those because it was too much email traffic for some members.  I was plenty active in club rides virtually last spring until those were blown up.  I also had two knee surgeries and a blown ankle.  That’s why I haven’t been around in a couple of years.

Of course, if you’d rather not have my presence pulling the front of the pack when we are back to normal, just let me know.

Jon