Date   

pain cave is what you make it

Anna Swiet
 

Sorry about the prior email without comments, my fingers were itchy

We too have a basement cave set up (with a few extra items)

     - First, and foremost, we are well prepared with the critical hydration bar for that parched feeling after pedaling, a few minutes at least, don't want to sound like a lush

    - Overview shot showing the set up with a spare bike in case of a crash, kinda like the Tour without the real stuff, know what I mean?

    - Wahoo Climb unit- super fun but be careful on the downhill turns

    - Wahoo Headwind Fan - best 5 cents (or more) ever spent.  It works with your heart rate- the harder you breathe, the faster it...you get the idea, right. Also works great for hot flashes. I will be moving it to the bedroom soon

    - Proper shoes - decisions, decisions

    - Daylight and fresh air window access. The window has been kept locked to force the local Peeping Tom to keep his 'social distance'

See you soon my friends

Anna 


Re: Pain cave pictures

steveojano
 

Cross training!  Best thing for my old age...


On Tue, Mar 24, 2020, 7:06 PM Anna <annaswiet@...> wrote:
Dude, hope i don't piss YOU off-ever!

Anna 


On Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 04:38:26 PM CDT, steveojano <stayput@...> wrote:


My pain cave.....Photo attached and video link below.


On Tue, Mar 24, 2020, 12:30 PM Mike McGehee (PBM) <fpb-triathlon@...> wrote:
All,

How about pictures of our pain caves?

I'll get the ball rolling.

1) Wahoo Kickr & Climb.
2) 17 inch laptop (for Rouvy, Perfpro, Zwift) on custom made adjustable stand with shelf for the fan.
3) Sound system is a must.
4) TV for visual entertainment.

PBM





Re: pain cave

John Guido
 

Liken’ all the caves 

Tacx Neo2T
Extra bike 
Doping shelf with honey & spoon, goo, glasses for dosing, but no needles 
Heater for climate control- top right
no fan, ever 





On Mar 24, 2020, at 7:12 PM, Anna Swiet via Groups.Io <annaswiet@...> wrote:




Anna 
<IMG_20200324_184845575.jpg>
<IMG_20200324_185039741.jpg>
<IMG_20200324_185158311.jpg>
<IMG_20200324_184649317.jpg>


pain cave

Anna Swiet
 



Anna 


Re: Pain cave pictures

Anna Swiet
 

Dude, hope i don't piss YOU off-ever!

Anna 


On Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 04:38:26 PM CDT, steveojano <stayput@...> wrote:


My pain cave.....Photo attached and video link below.


On Tue, Mar 24, 2020, 12:30 PM Mike McGehee (PBM) <fpb-triathlon@...> wrote:
All,

How about pictures of our pain caves?

I'll get the ball rolling.

1) Wahoo Kickr & Climb.
2) 17 inch laptop (for Rouvy, Perfpro, Zwift) on custom made adjustable stand with shelf for the fan.
3) Sound system is a must.
4) TV for visual entertainment.

PBM





Re: pain Cave pictures

Anna Swiet
 

Is one of the fans for the cat?

Anna 


On Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 05:44:49 PM CDT, Jason Krueger via Groups.Io <kruegerjason@...> wrote:


Not pictured: the judgemental cat




Re: pain Cave pictures

Anna Swiet
 

love the colors!
i need a billboard to post all the missed workouts

Anna 


On Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 05:46:45 PM CDT, Tonya Luniak <tonya.luniak@...> wrote:




On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 5:43 PM Jason Krueger via Groups.Io <kruegerjason=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Not pictured: the judgemental cat




Re: pain Cave pictures

Anna Swiet
 

Nice! 
i like the fire extinguisher in case you're on fire

Anna 


On Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 06:57:27 PM CDT, Greg Crowther <greg@...> wrote:





On Mar 24, 2020, at 5:46 PM, Tonya Luniak via Groups.Io <tonya.luniak@...> wrote:


<IMG_0301.jpg>


On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 5:43 PM Jason Krueger via Groups.Io <kruegerjason=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Not pictured: the judgemental cat




Re: pain Cave pictures

Greg Crowther
 




On Mar 24, 2020, at 5:46 PM, Tonya Luniak via Groups.Io <tonya.luniak@...> wrote:


<IMG_0301.jpg>


On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 5:43 PM Jason Krueger via Groups.Io <kruegerjason=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Not pictured: the judgemental cat




Re: pain Cave pictures

Tonya Luniak
 



On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 5:43 PM Jason Krueger via Groups.Io <kruegerjason=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Not pictured: the judgemental cat




pain Cave pictures

Jason Krueger
 

Not pictured: the judgemental cat


Re: Pain cave pictures

steveojano
 

My pain cave.....Photo attached and video link below.


On Tue, Mar 24, 2020, 12:30 PM Mike McGehee (PBM) <fpb-triathlon@...> wrote:
All,

How about pictures of our pain caves?

I'll get the ball rolling.

1) Wahoo Kickr & Climb.
2) 17 inch laptop (for Rouvy, Perfpro, Zwift) on custom made adjustable stand with shelf for the fan.
3) Sound system is a must.
4) TV for visual entertainment.

PBM





Re: Pain cave pictures

Mike McGehee (PBM)
 

Ruben,

Sadly no.. but "You Can Tune a Piano, but You Can't Tuna Fish".


On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 12:56 PM, Ruben Medina
<ruben.medina27@...> wrote:
I see vinyl in that cabinet. 

Does REO Speedwagon's High Infidelity album live in there?  

On Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 12:30:41 PM CDT, Mike McGehee (PBM) <fpb-triathlon@...> wrote:


All,

How about pictures of our pain caves?

I'll get the ball rolling.

1) Wahoo Kickr & Climb.
2) 17 inch laptop (for Rouvy, Perfpro, Zwift) on custom made adjustable stand with shelf for the fan.
3) Sound system is a must.
4) TV for visual entertainment.

PBM





Re: Hosting Zwift rides

Jon Ogden
 

It’s free. 


On Mar 24, 2020, at 12:57 PM, Lena Chon <lmnchon@...> wrote:

Haha... that’s funny! I am so used to jamming to my music, it will be a nice change!

Thanks for sharing the sign up code. By the way, this service is free or are we benefitting from someone sharing their paid service?

Thanks Again,



On Mar 24, 2020, at 12:51 PM, Rob Dickson <rdickson33@...> wrote:


Lena,

Discord has a push to talk feature that will mute your mic until pressed. The banter however, is fairly amusing.

Rob

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 12:46 PM Lena Chon via Groups.Io <lmnchon=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Jon,
I usually ride with music and occasionally text a message. When you are on discord, are you on the entire time with the group? Do we get to hear each bother breath if no one is talking?  Can I go back and forth from my music to the group?

Lena


On Mar 24, 2020, at 10:48 AM, Jon Ogden via Groups.Io <jogden=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:

I would highly recommend setting up a chat server using Discord.  We did this for Sunday’s ride and it was great to be able to just talk to each other while riding.  It’s one more piece of technology to try and implement but once you do it, it becomes easy.  You create an account, log in and then the ride leader would create a server (really a channel) for everyone to connect to.  Connect to that and then enable voice and you can all chit chat while riding.

Works well.

Jon

On Mar 24, 2020, at 10:41 AM, Sheri Rosenbaum <Luv2Bike80@...> wrote:

For the women of BBC, I've been hosting weekly women's rides virtually via Zwift if you'd like to join. We just need to be following each other in Zwift for me to invite you (my screen name is Sheri Rosie). It's my way to keep the women's group motivated and distracted for an hour or so. The course changes each week for variety.
  • Tuesday nights @ 6-710pm  - Banded together but you can go as hard or as easy as you wish

  • Friday nights @ 5:30-630pm - This is a Happy Hour and Trivia ride. Banded together like Tuesday night so go hard or easy. During the ride I ask Trivia questions and you respond via the Companion app messenger. We don't ask what's in your water bottle. It was a blast last Friday night and working on more trivia questions.

For those who are uneasy about hosting a Meetup in Zwift, it is easy. Below are some tips I gave my women and this article is helpful.
  1. Download the Zwift Companion App on your smartphone
  2. Accept the Meet up ride in advance AND before you log into Zwift to start your ride
  3. The day of the Zwift Meet up, start riding about 15 min before the scheduled start. You can do this in any world. Warm up your legs.
  4. 3-5 min before the scheduled Meetup, you will see a pop up to join the Meetup, just like it does when joining an event.
  5. Do NOT be late. Meet ups do not allow you to join after it starts. Only events let you join late
  6. My meet up rides have everyone banded together. This means you can pedal really hard or you can just do a very easy recovery ride. You just can't stop pedaling or you will get dropped.
  7. At the start of the ride your avatar will be on the side of the road on a stationary trainer until the Meet up begins
  8. During the meet up, everyone who is in our group will be highlighted in green along the right hand of your screen.
  9. To message other riders or the group during the Meetup, use your Companion App. You will see a Messages icon along the bottom of the app phone screen

If you have any questions happy to help.
Sheri


Re: Pain cave pictures

Rob Dickson
 

Mine:
Cycleops Hammer
Apple TV
Duel remote fans (can turn on after I am warmed up)
Watopia map



Re: Hosting Zwift rides

Bryan Stephan
 

Discord overlays the ride audio over anything else you are listening to. You can run your music and discord at the same time.

- Bryan


Re: Hosting Zwift rides

Lena Chon
 

Haha... that’s funny! I am so used to jamming to my music, it will be a nice change!

Thanks for sharing the sign up code. By the way, this service is free or are we benefitting from someone sharing their paid service?

Thanks Again,



On Mar 24, 2020, at 12:51 PM, Rob Dickson <rdickson33@...> wrote:


Lena,

Discord has a push to talk feature that will mute your mic until pressed. The banter however, is fairly amusing.

Rob

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 12:46 PM Lena Chon via Groups.Io <lmnchon=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Jon,
I usually ride with music and occasionally text a message. When you are on discord, are you on the entire time with the group? Do we get to hear each bother breath if no one is talking?  Can I go back and forth from my music to the group?

Lena


On Mar 24, 2020, at 10:48 AM, Jon Ogden via Groups.Io <jogden=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:

I would highly recommend setting up a chat server using Discord.  We did this for Sunday’s ride and it was great to be able to just talk to each other while riding.  It’s one more piece of technology to try and implement but once you do it, it becomes easy.  You create an account, log in and then the ride leader would create a server (really a channel) for everyone to connect to.  Connect to that and then enable voice and you can all chit chat while riding.

Works well.

Jon

On Mar 24, 2020, at 10:41 AM, Sheri Rosenbaum <Luv2Bike80@...> wrote:

For the women of BBC, I've been hosting weekly women's rides virtually via Zwift if you'd like to join. We just need to be following each other in Zwift for me to invite you (my screen name is Sheri Rosie). It's my way to keep the women's group motivated and distracted for an hour or so. The course changes each week for variety.
  • Tuesday nights @ 6-710pm  - Banded together but you can go as hard or as easy as you wish

  • Friday nights @ 5:30-630pm - This is a Happy Hour and Trivia ride. Banded together like Tuesday night so go hard or easy. During the ride I ask Trivia questions and you respond via the Companion app messenger. We don't ask what's in your water bottle. It was a blast last Friday night and working on more trivia questions.

For those who are uneasy about hosting a Meetup in Zwift, it is easy. Below are some tips I gave my women and this article is helpful.
  1. Download the Zwift Companion App on your smartphone
  2. Accept the Meet up ride in advance AND before you log into Zwift to start your ride
  3. The day of the Zwift Meet up, start riding about 15 min before the scheduled start. You can do this in any world. Warm up your legs.
  4. 3-5 min before the scheduled Meetup, you will see a pop up to join the Meetup, just like it does when joining an event.
  5. Do NOT be late. Meet ups do not allow you to join after it starts. Only events let you join late
  6. My meet up rides have everyone banded together. This means you can pedal really hard or you can just do a very easy recovery ride. You just can't stop pedaling or you will get dropped.
  7. At the start of the ride your avatar will be on the side of the road on a stationary trainer until the Meet up begins
  8. During the meet up, everyone who is in our group will be highlighted in green along the right hand of your screen.
  9. To message other riders or the group during the Meetup, use your Companion App. You will see a Messages icon along the bottom of the app phone screen

If you have any questions happy to help.
Sheri


Re: Pain cave pictures

Ruben Medina
 

I see vinyl in that cabinet. 

Does REO Speedwagon's High Infidelity album live in there?  

On Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 12:30:41 PM CDT, Mike McGehee (PBM) <fpb-triathlon@...> wrote:


All,

How about pictures of our pain caves?

I'll get the ball rolling.

1) Wahoo Kickr & Climb.
2) 17 inch laptop (for Rouvy, Perfpro, Zwift) on custom made adjustable stand with shelf for the fan.
3) Sound system is a must.
4) TV for visual entertainment.

PBM





Re: Pain cave pictures

Rob Dickson
 

Mine:
Cycleops Hammer
Duel remote fans
Apple TV
Watopia map



On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 12:39 PM Tina Smith <tinasmith7934@...> wrote:
Mine is not worthy to even show....it's painful physically and from an interior design perspective.  Ugh
Tina


On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 12:30 PM, Mike McGehee (PBM)
All,

How about pictures of our pain caves?

I'll get the ball rolling.

1) Wahoo Kickr & Climb.
2) 17 inch laptop (for Rouvy, Perfpro, Zwift) on custom made adjustable stand with shelf for the fan.
3) Sound system is a must.
4) TV for visual entertainment.

PBM





Re: Hosting Zwift rides

Rob Dickson
 

Lena,

Discord has a push to talk feature that will mute your mic until pressed. The banter however, is fairly amusing.

Rob

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 12:46 PM Lena Chon via Groups.Io <lmnchon=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Jon,
I usually ride with music and occasionally text a message. When you are on discord, are you on the entire time with the group? Do we get to hear each bother breath if no one is talking?  Can I go back and forth from my music to the group?

Lena


On Mar 24, 2020, at 10:48 AM, Jon Ogden via Groups.Io <jogden=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:

I would highly recommend setting up a chat server using Discord.  We did this for Sunday’s ride and it was great to be able to just talk to each other while riding.  It’s one more piece of technology to try and implement but once you do it, it becomes easy.  You create an account, log in and then the ride leader would create a server (really a channel) for everyone to connect to.  Connect to that and then enable voice and you can all chit chat while riding.

Works well.

Jon

On Mar 24, 2020, at 10:41 AM, Sheri Rosenbaum <Luv2Bike80@...> wrote:

For the women of BBC, I've been hosting weekly women's rides virtually via Zwift if you'd like to join. We just need to be following each other in Zwift for me to invite you (my screen name is Sheri Rosie). It's my way to keep the women's group motivated and distracted for an hour or so. The course changes each week for variety.
  • Tuesday nights @ 6-710pm  - Banded together but you can go as hard or as easy as you wish

  • Friday nights @ 5:30-630pm - This is a Happy Hour and Trivia ride. Banded together like Tuesday night so go hard or easy. During the ride I ask Trivia questions and you respond via the Companion app messenger. We don't ask what's in your water bottle. It was a blast last Friday night and working on more trivia questions.

For those who are uneasy about hosting a Meetup in Zwift, it is easy. Below are some tips I gave my women and this article is helpful.
  1. Download the Zwift Companion App on your smartphone
  2. Accept the Meet up ride in advance AND before you log into Zwift to start your ride
  3. The day of the Zwift Meet up, start riding about 15 min before the scheduled start. You can do this in any world. Warm up your legs.
  4. 3-5 min before the scheduled Meetup, you will see a pop up to join the Meetup, just like it does when joining an event.
  5. Do NOT be late. Meet ups do not allow you to join after it starts. Only events let you join late
  6. My meet up rides have everyone banded together. This means you can pedal really hard or you can just do a very easy recovery ride. You just can't stop pedaling or you will get dropped.
  7. At the start of the ride your avatar will be on the side of the road on a stationary trainer until the Meet up begins
  8. During the meet up, everyone who is in our group will be highlighted in green along the right hand of your screen.
  9. To message other riders or the group during the Meetup, use your Companion App. You will see a Messages icon along the bottom of the app phone screen

If you have any questions happy to help.
Sheri