Re: Garmin Varia Rear Flasher / Radar - Great Accesorry!

Lena Chon

Brian,
I didn’t know you can pair it with another riders. That’s a motivation to stay tight in the pace line!  I had the experience of riding behind Mark and it was awesome

Interesting about what Sheri said with clearance. That may mean a shorter person like me may not be able to use it. I hardly have space for tail light, unless I move my light down to the fork.

Thank you for sharing,
Lena

On Jun 24, 2020, at 3:39 PM, Sheri Rosenbaum <Luv2Bike80@...> wrote:

Garmin sent me both the Varia RTL515 (radar with taillight) and the RVR315 (radar w/o taillight) to test and review for RBR. I haven't been able to install it yet because the bands that came with the mount wont fit my seat post (too short). Got ahold of Garmin support today and they have me looping two bands together which I'll try after work.

You do need to make sure you have enough room on your seat post to mount the radar correctly. I have a saddlebag that sits pretty low so not much room.

As far as pairing one radar with multiple Garmins, I believe it is unlimited, just proximity would be the issue. So if the person with the radar is too far off the back or surges too far ahead, then connections would be lost.

The Varia comes with three mounts so if you have an aero seatpost or tri bike it should fit. Again clearance is the major factor.

Nice to hear your feedback.
Sheri