Re: Group rides - input needed

John Guido

Ron, I’m so sorry to hear about your brother. Stay strong with your mother. 

I’m will ride inside away from everyone ( I did reactivate Zwift to ride with the bunch Sunday- it was fun) and when we can go outside when it’s warmer-solo, until we are advised otherwise and know more. 

Be safe everyone. 

Cheers.  

John

On Mar 24, 2020, at 10:32 AM, Mariann Leahy <drlehwc@...> wrote:

Agree with others and unfortunately people are extremely overwhelmed and not thinking clearly. My good friend was accosted while talking a walk in her neighborhood this weekend for not staying home
So please be vigilant with whatever decision you make

Dr Mariann Leahy 

On Mar 24, 2020, at 9:57 AM, Tom Cramer <tcramer@...> wrote:

I’m very sorry for the loss of your brother Ron, I went thru that years ago it’s not something you get over! My condolences to you and your family.

I agree with Anna, Jason, Davis and Tina.

I have been in my home for a week now trying to do my part, but like you all am dying to go on a nice outdoor ride thru the hills.

I have watched the YouTube link that Ron posted along with another one on the subject which both brought up the good points of not only the sweat or the snot rockets, but if there is a crash that involves us going to the hospital would not be a good thing.

The comment about how the bicyclist haters also brings up a good point, we don’t want to fuel the hate with seeing a big pack of us out there less than 6 feet apart.

I will most likely go on some careful solo rides and will try and setup some more Zwift Group rides until the Stay at Home order is lifted.

Tom Cramer

From: BBC-Bike@groups.io [mailto:BBC-Bike@groups.io] On Behalf Of David Holtermann
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 9:45 AM
To: Carol Curtis <SpinAholic@...>
Cc: Rob Dickson <rdickson33@...>; BBC-Bike@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BBC-Bike] Group rides - input needed [EXTERNAL EMAIL - CAUTION]

I don't have anything to share from a medical perspective, but strictly on the basis of social perceptions I urge that any group rides be very small and very low key. We all know that bicyclists are picked on (unfairly) in the best of times - for slowing traffic, for taking up space, for flouting the law. If bicyclists are seen congregating and riding in groups in apparent contradiction of stay-at-home orders, etc, we're only going to reinforce the worst perceptions of us. My two cents.

David

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 9:24 AM Carol Curtis via Groups.Io <SpinAholic=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

I agree! Thanks Rob!

On Mar 24, 2020, at 9:19 AM, Rob Dickson <rdickson33@...> wrote:

Dave,

• Wheelmen have cancelled all rides until further notice. Ride calendar clear through April
  • Zwift Meetup is a viable option. We had a good group with Tom C this past Sunday

I have no issue riding with a normal size BBC group providing we be cautionary:

1. No snot rockets
  2. If you need to cough or sneeze, pull out of the paceline.
  3. If you think you may be compromised.....just don't show up

Rob

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 8:09 AM David Bergen <davidb@...> wrote:

I’m looking to start a discussion on group rides.

Cancel completely?

How do you maintain proper social distancing when you are breathing the exhaust of the rider in front of you?  

What is a safe distance?

Groups of 4 riders at a time?

What are the pro’s doing? Other clubs?

Organize time trials with a 1 minute spacing?

Cross winds vs. head or tail winds?

Input needed

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The content of this message and any files transmitted with it is a confidential and proprietary business communication, which is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any use, distribution, duplication or disclosure by any other person or entity is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient or this has been received in error, please notify the sender and immediately delete all copies of this communication.

Join general@BBC-Bike.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.