Re: Group rides - input needed

David Saporta

A lot of good thoughts.  I think "pods" of 2 are best.  Keeping the "distance" and going to the back to spit, etc. gets cumbersome even with 4 people.  I've tried it.  I still think having BBC organize times to ride gets everyone out and exercising which is half the battle sometimes.  If an odd number shows up then one pod can have 3.  Even if you skip all "group" rides, I still think it's safer to ride with at least one other person rather than solo in case of a fall, flat tire, etc.  Of course, if you have any ill symptoms or anyone you have been around does, don't show up.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 9:24 AM Carol Curtis via Groups.Io <SpinAholic=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I agree! Thanks Rob!

On Mar 24, 2020, at 9:19 AM, Rob Dickson <rdickson33@...> wrote:

Dave,
  • Wheelmen have cancelled all rides until further notice. Ride calendar clear through April
  • Zwift Meetup is a viable option. We had a good group with Tom C this past Sunday
I have no issue riding with a normal size BBC group providing we be cautionary:
  1. No snot rockets
  2. If you need to cough or sneeze, pull out of the paceline.
  3. If you think you may be compromised.....just don't show up
Rob

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 8:09 AM David Bergen <davidb@...> wrote:

I’m looking to start a discussion on group rides.

Cancel completely?

How do you maintain proper social distancing when you are breathing the exhaust of the rider in front of you?

What is a safe distance?

Groups of 4 riders at a time?

What are the pro’s doing? Other clubs?

Organize time trials with a 1 minute spacing?

Cross winds vs. head or tail winds?

Input needed