Re: Group rides - input needed

Jason Krueger

I’m with the isolators on this one.  My industry has been deemed “essential" and so I'll be out in the world for a couple more weeks at least.  I wouldn't want to risk exposing anyone I know to this, so I'll be in the basement on the trainer.

Zwift group rides are a nice distraction, I vote we keep a few of those on the schedule just so we all stay in touch with each other, and have something to look forward to.

Hopefully not more than a few more weeks of this, and we can get back outside.

On Mar 24, 2020, at 09:19, Rob Dickson <rdickson33@...> wrote:

Dave,
  • Wheelmen have cancelled all rides until further notice. Ride calendar clear through April
  • Zwift Meetup is a viable option. We had a good group with Tom C this past Sunday
I have no issue riding with a normal size BBC group providing we be cautionary:
  1. No snot rockets
  2. If you need to cough or sneeze, pull out of the paceline.
  3. If you think you may be compromised.....just don't show up
Rob

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 8:09 AM David Bergen <davidb@...> wrote:

I’m looking to start a discussion on group rides.

Cancel completely?

How do you maintain proper social distancing when you are breathing the exhaust of the rider in front of you?

What is a safe distance?

Groups of 4 riders at a time?

What are the pro’s doing? Other clubs?

Organize time trials with a 1 minute spacing?

Cross winds vs. head or tail winds?

Input needed