Re: Group rides - input needed

tinasmith7934

Hi BBC,
Thanks for the email Dave. I started thinking about this yesterday.

I have personally decided to not ride with a group until May 1st, then I will re-evaluate.  If something drastically changes, I will re-evaluate sooner.

I don't want to be in a large group especially since Illinois has a shelter in place order. I don't want to be on the receiving end of an angry motorist who thinks we should be sheltering in place vs riding our bikes in a group.  And, heaven forbid, if a crash occurs, I don't want to over burden our 1st responders and health care workers at this time-they have enough on their plates.

This is just my own strategy.  No judgement regarding others' choices. Until I change my mind I will be Zwifting. I'm sick of my basement but I'm trying to do my part.

I miss everyone and hope we can salvage some of our outdoor season. Please stay safe and healthy.

Tina