Re: Saint Patrick's Day ride - ZWIFT / ROUVY?

Jon Ogden

This says it’s expired. Is there another?

On Mar 21, 2020, at 7:28 PM, Rob Dickson <rdickson33@...> wrote:

Thanks for setting up Tom, I will likely join.

I created a BBC discord channel. I haven't tested it yet but it should work. Here is the link.

Using discord we can share banter whilst riding.

Rob

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020, 3:14 PM Tom Cramer <tcramer@...> wrote:

I figured out how to create and send out a meetup request in Zwift this morning. Sorry I gave you a 30 min notice. I just created a 33 mi ride tomorrow morning at 9:00am on the Island of Watopia. The course is "Bigger Loop". If you are not linked to me in Zwift search "Tom Cramer" United States.

Bigger Loop” is a modified version of Zwift’s “Big Loop” which basically adds ~11km of flat road to the start of the route. Released as part of Zwift’s Fuego Flats desert expansion, this route features the new desert roads as well as the Epic KOM, Jungle Circuit, and portions of Volcano flat.

Course Profile

Begin in Watopia’s downtown, then hang a left from Ocean Boulevard to head toward Fuego Flats. Enjoy the desert sites, descend through the redwoods, then hang a left to attack the Epic KOM. It’s gonna hurt!

Descending the KOM then turning left to the jungle, you will hit the circuit and climb back out before descending down to sea level. Your climbing is finished: now it’s time for the flat run-in to the finish, by way of the Volcano flat route.

In summary: 15km of flat followed by 30km of climbing or ascending, ending with 10km of flat. That’s “Bigger Loop”.

The course profile makes this an appealing route for a longer race. Climbers will be able to get away on the Epic KOM, but heavier riders with higher watts may be able to chase them back over the jungle roads and final flat kilometers.

Level Locked

You must be level 10 or above to access Bigger Loop in a free ride. Alternatively, you can join a group ride held on this route–but Big Loop group rides are rare.