Re: BBC Zwift meet up ride Q&A

tinasmith7934

Lena
Thanks for organizing the ride.  I'm really sorry I couldn't join you for the "Maiden Voyage."  I'm very interested in joining you in the future.

Zwift has done a good job to make this feature easy to use. My main question is: since you used the "stay together" option, you were each allowed to self select your pace and w/kg right?  Did you all feel you got a good workout?

When is the next ride?  I'd be available for a Sunday morning ride at 7:30?  Anyone else?  60 minutes? I would be willing to coordinate this Sunday's ride if there is interest.  Let me know ASAP so I can organize.

Also, my Zwift name is A DOPT(PETS).

Thanks again Lena!  Ride On! 👍
Tina

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 8:33 PM, Lena Chon via Groups.Io
<lmnchon@...> wrote:
Hi All,
Thanks to those who were able to join us for the Zwift ride.  It was fun!  Wanted to pass on some tips for future “meet up rides”

The meet up ride is by invitation and you need to reply. And you need to be friends with the organizer. Please do this at least a few hours before, to give the organizer time to respond and add you to their friend list.

When you set up a ride, choose option to keep group together.  That’s the “rubber band” that keeps us together. And yes...Everyone can have different w/kg.

When Picking a route, you can no longer see the elevation of the route. You only have control of distance or duration.

On ride day, you should log on to Zwift and start a ride, a nice way to warm up. When the time comes, you will receive a prompter asking if you would join. After you say yes, Zwift will take you to the route to join your group.

We had a few people join a minute or two after start time and they were not able to join group. One accepted invitation and the other join as existing ride( I think that’s what happen with Greg).

When you log on to Zwift and you can see names of people you know that are currently riding or join a group near by?  Well, there was a sub group that joined my group, I can see them and their conversation. I don’t think they can se our conversation as their responses didn’t match ours.

You can leave anytime...just  like when we are on the road and you plan to cut short or go longer, please let us know before you disappear into virtual thin air.

I was so used to having my ERG mode on for set workout, that I forgot on Zwift ride ERG mode is turned off and I can change my gear... 🙄

If anyone has more tips, please share with the group.

I love it that Zwift does the route for you and you can’t get lost... unless you join the wrong group 🤪

Lena