Re: What pressure should I ride? What pressure do the pros ride? Try this..

Brian Louis

That brings up a good point. The gauge on your pump could be off more than you might think. The Digital gauge is worth having if you are trying to dial it in within a few psi.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 2:34 PM Sheri Rosenbaum <Luv2Bike80@...> wrote:
To dial in your pressure, I reviewed the Topeak Shuttle digital gauge and SKS Airchecker. Really liked the Topeak especially for MTB and fat tires. Review will be out this week or next in RBR.

Thanks Brad for sharing

Excuse any typos from iPhone

From: BBC-Bike@groups.io <BBC-Bike@groups.io> on behalf of Brad Peacock <brad.peacock1@...>
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:31:32 AM
To: BBC Groups Io <bbc-bike@groups.io>
Subject: [BBC-Bike] What pressure should I ride? What pressure do the pros ride? Try this..

For the bike nerds out there (like me) who enjoy tinkering on their bikes with a beer as much as riding them...

More info and data on tire pressure and the evolving consensus that lower is often better.

To wit, I’ve been running 95 front and 105 rear on 25mm tires.  Using their calculator, Silca (maker of the greatest bike pumps in the world!) recommends 100 rear and 96 front.  NOTE:  though my tires are labeled 25mm they measure out at 26mm with a caliper.  I ran this calculation at 26mm.

Also, I run tubulars on my main wheels so i’m not sure if/how that effects things.  Selecting tubulars vs clinchers wasn’t a calculation option so I assume pressure is the same regardless of tire type?  I would suspect that maybe the calculations are materially different for road tubeless as the internal friction between tire and inner tube in both clinchers and tubulars is one of the key contributors to rolling resistance.   (tubulars still have inner tubes in them just like clinchers, they’re just sewn up inside).

SILCA LOGO
eblast_111219

Leverage 10+ Years of Pro Pressure Data

For more than a decade, Josh and the SILCA team have been travelling the world helping professional and top level amateur athletes optimize tire pressures to give them that winning edge at events ranging from the Tour de France, to Paris Roubaix, to Ironman Kona.  As a result of these efforts, we have more than 4000 data points on optimal pressures for different rider weights, surfaces, tire sizes and other variables.  From this, we've developed an algorithm to predict your optimal pressure.  As a member of the SILCA family, we are releasing this calculator to you first in Beta form and would love to hear your feedback and experiences as we work to continually refine this tool.

Share Your Story with All of Us!

Whether your journey is funny, happy, sad, muddy, streaming tears of joy, beautifully secluded...or all of those in one ride. We would love for you to share it.

#mySILCAstory
FB_icon
TW_icon
IG_icon

Only A Month Away!

Each $10 donation qualifies as an entry to win this Fifty One Bicycle (valued over $13k USD). The proceeds of the fundraiser goes to People for Bikes, an organization that primarily lobbies on behalf of urban planning for cyclists and more. Drawing is December 3, 2019.
piloti-how-to-1
Instagram
Twitter
Instagram