From: BBC-Bike@groups.io <BBC-Bike@groups.io> On Behalf Of Brad Peacock via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, October 2, 2019 12:01 PM
To: BBC groups io <BBC-Bike@groups.io>
Cc: BBC-Bike@groups.io
Subject: [BBC-Bike] Overnight bike tour 10/26 - 10/27

Jin, Lena, and I are organizing an overnight cycling tour for the weekend of Saturday, October 26th.

We are considering riding the Elroy-Sparta trail in southern WI. It is one of the first “rails to trails” paths in the country. It is a crushed limestone path that roles for ~40 miles through beautiful country and fall colors.

The ride format will be to drive up early Saturday morning (~3 hrs), ride from Elroy to Sparta on Saturday, spend the night at an Airbnb in Sparta, dinner, cocktails, etc, and then back to Elroy on Sunday and drive home Sunday afternoon.

Re: gear, you’ll need a bike to ride on a limestone path. The pace will be “touring social” which means slow, conversational, and stops at local taverns along the way. If it hasn’t been raining lately a road bike is fine - it’s a pretty hard surface. The pace will be low enough that a mountain bike will be very appropriate as well. Don’t let your bike options limit your decision. You’ll need to be able to travel with a change of clothes and toiletries for an overnight. A small backpack is very adequate - no need for traditional touring racks and panniers.

There are many details to be finalized, but the first step is to let me know if you are interested. We’ll finalize details with the group of folks going.

This will be a fun, relaxing, social weekend in a beautiful part of the country during a beautiful time of the year. The pace and format will be such that family members are welcome and encouraged to join too!

Most BBC rides are about going fast, working hard, and getting your heart rate up. This is a different kind of ride. This ride is about the simple pleasure of riding a bike w friends on a beautiful fall weekend.

Please respond to this email if you are interested. Not looking for firm commitment yet, just tentative interest.

I hope you’ll join us!

Brad, Jin, and Lena