August 12 - Barrington Honor Ride & Run

Tom Cramer

Barrington Honor Ride & Run Returns on August 12th

Unfortunately I will be out of town this year and cannot participate. I need someone in the group who plans on going to setup a BBC Team.

Who wants to do it? The details of this great fundraiser ride for our wounded hero’s is below:

Barrington Hills, Illinois – The 8th annual Barrington Honor Ride & Run (BHRR) raising funds and awareness for our Nation’s heroes will be back at the Barrington Hills Park District on Sunday, August 12. The event raises funds for injured Veterans and First Responders on behalf of Project Hero. Project Hero provides a team building journey that creates an atmosphere of perseverance, recovery, and camaraderie, allowing the Veterans to continue the strides they’ve made toward establishing an active, healthy lifestyle and overcoming the wounds, both physical and mental, of war.

The 8th annual BHRR will take place on August 12, 2017, at the Barrington Hills Park District, 361 Bateman Rd., Barrington Hills, IL, with Opening Ceremonies, including Color Guard, at 8:00 a.m. presented by the Marine Corps League Detachment 1395. This year’s event will feature 3 bike distances (10, 30 or 50 miles) through the scenic Barrington area, and a 3.8 mile trail run (be prepared for mud & water!) and 1 mile fun walk through the beautiful Spring Lake Forest Preserve. Participants can register online for the bike, run and walk at www.HonorRideBarrington.com. The bike, run and walk culminate in a community festival of fun for the whole family. Enjoy free food and music, free activities and games for the whole family, and take a moment to thank our Nation’s Heroes, our Veterans, as we welcome them to our community.

Project Hero uses cycling as a team building therapy that benefits both the physical and mental health of the Veteran. There are an estimated twenty-two Veterans who take their own life daily. With programs like Project Hero’s Challenge Ride series, Veterans are provided an opportunity to Recover, Rehabilitate and Reintegrate, and the results have shown a dramatic impact for the better on the mental and physical health of our healing heroes. Funds raised by Project Hero and the Honor Ride series benefits programs which, among other things, provides Veterans with bikes, including adaptive bikes that meet each Veteran’s unique physical challenges, resources to assist with struggles associated with PTSD and traumatic brain injury, and team building experiences, such as the week long Challenge Rides, where Veterans can discuss the struggles they face in a safe environment surrounded by those who have been through similar experiences.

You can register to bike any of the 3 distances, run, walk, or volunteer in assisting us in making the day’s events run smoothly at www.HonorRideBarrington.com. Opportunities for sponsorship of the day’s event are available. For information on sponsorship opportunities contact BHRR at BarringtonHRR@...

Contact:

Barrington Honor Ride & Run

Colleen Konicek

117 S. Cook St., #112

Barrington, IL 60010

BarringtonHRR@...

www.HonorRideBarrington.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The content of this message and any files
transmitted with it is a confidential and proprietary business
communication, which is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).
Any use, distribution, duplication or disclosure by any other person or
entity is strictly prohibited.  If you are not an intended recipient or this
has been received in error, please notify the sender and immediately
delete all copies of this communication.